Thermal Remediation Group
Sealand Enviroâ€™s Thermal Remediation Group offers in-situ thermal remediation (ISTR) for properties and sites contaminated with Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids (NAPLs) and other volatile organic contaminants through an exclusive partnership with Current Environmental Solutions (CES) of Canyon Lake, TX. The partnership combines the large-scale environmental remediation experience of Sealand with the Electrical Resistance Heating (ERH) experience and development of CES to provide the evaluation, modeling, and implementation required to successfully meet project goals using the ERH technology. Services available through this partnership include:
- Site Evaluations – CES has developed a proprietary site evaluation form that identifies the critical parameters required to quickly evaluate and predict the cost and performance of ERH for any particular site.
- SETIâ„˘ Site Evaluation Testing – A comprehensive on-site electrical resistance evaluation that identifies critical site electrical characteristics and design parameters for ERH remediation and safety sub-systems.
- Numerical Modeling – Some ERH applications benefit from numerical modeling to evaluate and optimize ERH, vapor extraction, or safety system designs. We offer several well-validated numeric codes capable of modeling vapor flows, vapor composition, electric power distribution, heat transfer, and other parameters.
- Laboratory Testing â€“ We perform a wide range of testing services to evaluate treatability, soil dynamic electrical properties, and in-situ degradation rates. We also have strategic alliances with some of the nations’ leading universities to offer world class laboratory and experimental capabilities associated with DNAPL fate and transport.
- Equipment Manufacture – CES designs and manufactures the specialty multi-phase subsurface heating equipment required to fully implement ERH technology, including systems for power delivery, steam and vapor recovery, and air/water treatment. CES has successfully designed and manufactured power supply units to both domestic and European electric code. The European unit(s) have been independently tested and certified by KEMA, the Dutch equivalent of UL Laboratories.
- Full Scale/Turnkey ERH Operations â€“ By combining the CES technology and services above with Sealandâ€™s civil site remediation expertise, and the backing of the Oâ€™Connell Companies, the Sealand/CES partnership provides our customers with total, ERH operations from a single source contractor. Our technical know-how and ability to enable clients to close difficult sites is unparalleled in the thermal remediation industry.